We loved the story this week about the Italian grandmothers who have finally fulfilled their dreams (by the magic of crowd funding) to see the sea, and even get their toes in! It got us thinking about how we can continue to enjoy and embrace life and new experiences well into our retirement and beyond. There are some brilliant ‘helping hands’ along the way to make things easier, more enjoyable or even just make you feel good about yourself. Here’s our top 5 below!
- Active Hands. If you struggle with poor grip, it can be very difficult to do even ordinary things such as enjoy a nice mug of tea. Active hands is a brilliant solution, offering a simple yet ingenious way to carry on doing the things you love, be it gardening, going to the gym or even wheelchair racing!
- Designed to Enable. There is no reason at all why style has to go out of the window when you find you need a bit of help in life. Designed to Enable have beautiful products that combine form and function. Let’s face it, we’re much more likely to use aids if they look cool!
- Travelscoot. The smallest and lightest mobility scooter on the market. It folds up neatly when not in use and is ideal for those who might not need them all the time, particularly in combination with walking aids. Easily fits on plane’s, trains and automobiles for those who love to travel.
- Blue Badge Company. Why should your everyday items be boring? Blue badge provides beautiful designs for badge covers plus a host of other items. And, best of all, they provide employment opportunities for people less abled by working from home. Splendid.
- Flexyfoot. We couldn’t have a list like this without adding our favourite stick! At the moment it has to be the cork handled blue stick. Our customers love it, and it means you can get out and about, whatever the weather, in confidence and style. Enough to put the spring in anyone’s step!